The external sleeve control choke has a sleeve that throttles the flow on the external diameter of the ported cage. The external sleeve trim is particularly suited for low-capacity/high pressure-drop applications. The external sleeve is designed specifically for severely erosive service where the combination of high pressure drops and high sand concentrations can reduce the life of a choke.
- Available in various sizes ranging from CC15 to CC80 choke models.
- Tungsten carbide-lined external sleeve and solid tungsten carbide cage/seat provide optimum wear resistance in erosive conditions.
- Metal body-to-bonnet gasket for absolute pressure containment.
- Reverse angle external sleeve improves flow dynamics within the trim.
- Self-flushing, pressure-balanced ports reduced stem loads and actuator output requirements.
- Heavy-duty thrust bearings reduce operating torque.
- Pressure-balance seals are a key feature of the pressure-balanced trim arrangement, reducing operating forces and enabling greater ease of adjustment.