The Cameron DR20 2-in gate and seat drilling choke and DR30 3-in gate and seat drilling choke control the pressure in the wellbore during drilling, circulate out any kicks of gas encountered during drilling, and prevent loss of well control by maintaining a satisfactory column of drilling mud.
With several options and configurations, Cameron drilling choke valves provide proven performance within diverse drilling applications on a global scale. Working pressures of 10,000 to 15,000 psi are standard. Models up to 25,000 psi are also available.
- Design includes reversible gate and seat components, allowing up to twice the service life of a normal nonreversible drilling choke trim.
- Gate and seat trim design is highly blockage resistant, with the potential to perform a flushing stroke in the event of large solid material to flush through any debris and restore normal operation.
- Controlling components (gate and seat) are made from solid tungsten carbide for maximum durability.
- Chokes are available in manual and hydraulically actuated configurations.
- Actuated configuration includes a pneumatic pressure-type position indicator as standard. A digital position sensor option is also available.
- DR20 choke provides a 1.75-in-diameter orifice.
- DR30 choke provides a 3.00-in-diameter orifice.