Our DYNATORQUE quarter-turn industrial worm-gear operators are designed for use with valves and dampers, as well as most other quarter-turn applications requiring a self-locking mechanism. Cameron's flexible manufacturing process allows us to offer both standard construction and custom configurations for customer-specific applications.
Standard operators are available with various mounting interface dimensions. Custom-machined gears come with bores and bolt holes for direct mounting to the valve.
Standard gearbox housings are made from cast grey iron with ductile iron as an optional material. The product line offers a varied selection of alternate component materials to meet customer application requirements.
- 16 different frame and spur combinations provide output torque from 4500 to 300,000 lb-in (500 to 33,900 N·m)
- Standard mounting dimensions or configured to customer requirements
- Standard cast gray or ductile iron housing
- Chainwheel operation available on select frame sizes
- Optional models with 180-and 360-degree multi-turn capabilities
- Marine, submerged, and high-and low-temperature applications
- Available built to AWWA C-504 material and design criteria
|Max. Output |
|Turns for |
|Std. Key |
|DT21 ||34||26,000||60:1||15 ||2.500||0.500|
|DT50* ||105||50,000||212:1||53||3.250 ||0.750 |
|DT54* ||108||63,000||318:1||79.5||3.250 ||0.750 |
|DT60||111||60,000||60:1||15||3.250 ||0.750 |
|DT90* ||145||90,000||240:1||60||3.250 ||0.750 |
|DT140* ||148||140,000||360:1||90||3.250||0.750 |
|DT220* ||402||220,000||600:1||150||6.250 ||1.5X1.0|
|DT300* ||460||300,000||1200:1||300||6.250||1.5X1.0 |
|Model||Std. Mounting |
(Qty. and Size)
|Std. Mounting |
|Approx Rim |
|DT8 ||(4)1/2-13 ||5.000||8.10||24||82|
|DT21 ||(4)5/8-11 ||5.512||22.50||30||77|
|DT36 ||(4)3/4-10 ||6.496||19.00||36||105|
|DT50* ||(4)3/4-10 ||6.496||60.80||20||82|
|DT54* ||(4)3/4-10 ||6.496||91.20||18||77|
|DT60 ||(8)3/4-10 ||10.250 ||15.60||36||213|
|DT90* ||(8)3/4-10 ||10.250 ||49.92||36||100|
|DT140* ||(8)3/4-10 ||10.250||78.00||36||104|
|DT220* ||(8)11/8-7 ||14.016 ||150||36||81|
*Indicates units with spur assist.
1. Handwheels listed are recommended sizes to produce full rated torque with the rim effort listed. The formulas listed below will assist you in determining alternate handwheel sizes and rim pull requirements based on your application.
To Find: Handwheel diameter for given output torque at a given rim effort. Divide the output torque by the mechanical advantage and multiply the result by 2. Then divide this result by the handwheel rim effort.
To Find: Rim effort for a given output torque with a given handwheel diameter. Divide the output torque by the mechanical advantage and multiply the result by 2. Then divide this result by the handwheel diameter. Note: Handwheels are not included as part of the operator part list or price.
2. Bore, keyways, and mounting patterns listed are for Cameron standards. Please consult the factory for special bore treatments, costs, and deliveries.
3. Standard mounting patterns on the DT3 through the DT54 are (4) tapped holes straddling centerline at 45 degrees. Standard mounting patterns on the DT60 through the DT300 are (8) tapped holes straddling at 22.5 degrees.