The FL gate valve is the standard product offering for 5,000-psi [34.5-MPa] working pressure. It has served the industry with distinction for many years across a range of application types worldwide and is well tested, both in assembly and component qualification testing. This gate valve also offers exceptional service life with minimal maintenance and provides a low life cycle cost compared to other 5,000-psi valve designs.
Many of the features of the FL valve design are common to our Type F gate valve, which was introduced to the market in 1958: forged construction, metal-to-metal sealing, a slab gate, and design simplicity. In other areas such as seat seals and stem seals, the FL valve design takes advantage of our latest technology in materials and seal design.
- Metal-to-metal sealing for gas-tight sealing without sealant
- Reliability through simplicity of design—one-piece floating seats and a floating slab gate provide reliable performance and minimize sealing interfaces
- Symmetrical bidirectional sealing to prevent trapping of pressure inside the valve cavity
- Spring-loaded and pressure-energized stem seal that requires no longitudinal preload or precise spaceout is required
- Single-pressure, energized PEEK lip seal in the seat-to-body interface
- The lip seal in the FL valve performs several functions
- Enhanced sealing integrity at very low differential pressures where low bearing stresses tend to limit the effectiveness of the metal-to-metal seal.
- Qualification to API Specification 6A, Annex F (PR-2) and Annex I (Class II).
|Working Pressures, psi [MPa]|
|2,000 [13.8]||3,000 [20.7]||5,000 [34.5]||10,000 [69.0]||15,000 [103.5]||20,000 [138.0]||30,000 [206.8]|
|1 13/16||-||-||-||FLS valve||FLS valve||FLS valve||FLS and FLS-R valve|
|2 1/16||FL and FLS valve||FL and FLS valve||FL and FLS valve||FLS valve||FLS valve||FLS valve||-|
|2 9/16||FL and FLS valve||FL and FLS valve||FL and FLS valve||FLS valve||FLS valve||FLS valve||FLS and FLS-R valve|
|3 1/16||-||-||-||FLS valve||FLS valve||FLS and FLS-R valve||-|
|3 1/8||FL and FLS valve||FL and FLS valve||FL and FLS valve||-||-||-||-|
|4 1/16||-||-||-||FLS valve||FLS and FLS-R valve||FLS and FLS-R valve||-|
|4 1/8||FL and FLS valve||FL and FLS valve||FL and FLS valve||-||-||-||-|
|5 1/8||FLS valve||FLS valve||FLS valve||FLS and FLS-R valve||FLS and FLS-R valve||-||-|
|6 3/8||FLS valve||FLS valve||FLS valve||FLS and FLS-R valve||FLS and FLS-R valve||-||-|
|7 1/16||-||-||FLS valve||FLS and FLS-R valve||FLS and FLS-R valve||-||-|
|9||-||-||FLS and FLS-R valve||FLS and FLS-R valve||FLS and FLS-R valve||-||-|
|11||-||-||FLS and FLS-R valve||-||-||-||-|
For FL, FLS, and FLS-R gate valves, this chart represents typical valves for API material classes AA, BB, CC, DD, EE, FF, and HH (except FL); temperature ratings K, L, P, S, T, U, and V; and product specification levels 1, 2, 3, 3G, and 4. For other designs, please contact Cameron.