The SmartCat SC 10-45 catwalk machine offers safe and efficient transport of drillpipe, collars, casings, subs, and other equipment from the pipe deck to the drill floor.
Its new-generation design provides faster, smoother, and more flexible transport operations than traditional catwalks and normal rubber-type conveyor catwalks. The SmartCat catwalk machine carries up to four 6 5/8-in drillpipes at the same time, making it an ideal tool for standbuilding.
Designed for fully horizontal handling of drillpipe, the SmartCat catwalk machine can be used for loading and unloading from any of the pipe handling cranes. It travels on rails that run all the way from the pipe deck to the well center. The rails are normally flush mounted on the drill floor to allow smaller bits, subs and other equipment to be safely transported. The optional tail-in arm is used to guide the lower pin end of tubular pipes when moving from horizontal to vertical positions. The tail-in arm can be used to deliver drillpipe to the well center or a suitable standbuilding machine.
The SmartCat SC 10-45 catwalk machine is fully automated and delivered with a customizable local operator panel and control options.Its control system can be interfaced with other drill floor machines for a higher level of control.
- Ability to preload stands of joints at the drill floor to reduce the number of skate runs required
- Horizontal handling of all drillpipe for improved overall safety and ease of operation.
- Fully automated system that can be interfaced with other machines on the drill floor.
- Skate system designed to prevent friction and damage to the conveyor system.
- Rotary head with 18 ports
- Prepared for hydraulic and/or pneumatic elevators
- Fail-safe design philosophy
- Twin skate travel motors, gears, and brakes