The Cameron CMP-2200 offshore mud pump uses several advancements to improve pump reliability. The main bearings are constructed with advanced materials and treatments that can improve bearing life several times over the previous generation. To increase drive-strength, the CMP-2200 mud pump uses carburized and hardened gear tooth surfaces that resist pitting and wear. In addition, robust tube and shell heat exchangers are used to reduce the probability of leaks and downtime. The CMP-2200 mud pump is engineered to produce high flow rates, even at low operating speeds, which reduces stress and wear to components. The long stroke design reduces the number of load reversal in critical components and increases the life of fluid end parts.
Additionally, the strategic placement and improved serviceability of the mud pump’s critical components allow for much safer and easier access during maintenance and inspection. The two-piece, quick release piston rod enables removal of the piston without disturbing the liner; minimizing downtime when replacing fluid parts. For added simplicity, all sensors, monitoring devices, and optional instruments are wired to a single junction box; eliminating the time-consuming requirement to wire everything individually.
With regards to the reduced weight/footprint of the CMP-2200 mud pump, the pump frame has been redesigned to deliver superior strength and rigidity, with a 15% reduction in weight over the previous W-2214 model. Moreover, the pump’s skid is now integrated into the structural frame to reduce its footprint, height, and weight.
- Fabricated steel construction high strength power frame with rear or top mounted drive motor
- Balanced, forged crankshaft for minimal vibration and increased life
- Premium roller bearings constructed of advanced materials that offer up to seven times service life in contaminated lubricant
- Replaceable crosshead guides in frame
- Pressurized oil lubrication system with easily accessible external lines for simplified maintenance
- Increased oil filtration with magnetic suction strainer and dual filter at pressure line
- Cooling system equipped with water or air heat exchanger
- Interchangeable fluid end modules with quick-change valve pot threaded covers
- Closed loop pressurized freshwater liner wash system
- Suction manifold can be equipped with front or side inlet connections
- Discharge piping connects from either side
- Piston and liner chambers are easily accessible and fully open
- NORSOK noise compliant