The Robo-Spider automated riser-flange-bolt torque system is the first fully automated hydraulic torquing system for riser flanges. It has the ability to torque an entire riser flange at once, replacing single riser tools that currently torque one bolt at a time. The Robo-Spider system delivers bolt-tightening performance that improves efficiency and safety.
A standard riser tool set can make up or break out a six-bolt flange in approximately eight minutes. The Robo-Spider system can perform either function in a fraction of the time - roughly two minutes per flange.
The exclusive design behind the Robo-Spider system is in the individual bolt-tightening modules. Each module operates as a standalone unit. Simultaneously, all the modules work in tandem to tighten each bolt with accurate and balanced preload with every turn. The modules can be programmed to continue fluent bolt-tightening operation if another module is being serviced, while still allowing the use of a manual riser wrench, if necessary. The encasing design of the modules is compact, efficient, and explosion proof* for enhanced safety and consistent, time-saving performance.
*This term applies as long as the hydraulic bolting system is within its design parameters.
- The control panel allows the riser running or pulling operation to be controlled hands-free at a safe distance from the actual flange
- Control panel dimensions: 30" deep x 62" wide x 75" high (control panel is skid-mounted with crane lifting provisions)
- The control panel features a Class I, Division 2 human-machine interface (HMI) touch screen that allows all operational functions to be controlled
- The information screen allows the operator to input the specifics of each rig
- The journaling feature saves and stores information making it easy for the user to reference what operation took place, when it occurred, and who performed it