The Model 70 collet connector forms a tight seal while withstanding the bending stresses and separating forces caused by well pressure, riser tension, and vessel motion. The Model 70 connector locks to the mating hub via pivoted locking segments, or fingers, which form a funnel to guide the connector into position. The connector is actuated by hydraulic cylinders which provide high clamping preloads and unlocking force up to 80% higher than locking force. These cylinders may easily be repaired or replaced.
Short swallow, tapered hub profile, and positive unlocking system allow disconnection at angles up to 30⁰. 25 angles on the clamp segment faces and a large actuating piston area create a greater clamping force at a given hydraulic pressure.
- Preload: up to 245,000 lbm
- Height: 38.28 in [972.31 mm]
- Maximum subsea wellhead OD: 31.39 in [797.31 mm]
- Maximum connector OD: 64.00 in [1,625.60 mm]
- Metal-to-metal sealing AX gaskets are standard
- Manual override available