The DWHC deepwater, high-capacity collet connector is a high-strength drilling and completion collet connector engineered for the high loads encountered in ultra-deepwater applications. The new flange exceeds API standards with a thicker neck, a larger bolt circle, and a larger bolt diameter.
A dual hub design for use with the DWHC connector allows our standard HC collet connector to be used in applications where the loading requirements are not as severe. The HC connector locks onto the DWHC connector hub and the DWHC connector locks onto the standard wellhead hub. No modification to either collet connector is required.
The connector is actuated by an annular hydraulic cylinder similar to the HC connector. It has a greater clamping force due to segment and hub geometry and a large actuating piston. It has positive unlock and does not require overpull to disconnect.
The design forms the foundation for the requirements for our ultra-deepwater SpoolTree™ Production System applications.
- Preload: up to 12,000,000 lbm
- Height: 66.78 in [1,696.21 mm]
- Maximum subsea wellhead OD: 35.25 in [895.35 mm]
- Maximum connector OD: 75.25 in [1,911.35 mm]
- Metal-to-metal sealing standard AX gasket or deepwater AX gasket available
- Secondary unlock available