The Cameron U ram-type BOP is the most widely used ram-type BOP in the world. It also services the widest range of bore sizes of any of our ram-type BOPs.
It is designed to maximize reliability and performance while simplifying maintenance. Hydraulic stud tensioning is available on larger sizes to ensure that stud loading is consistently accurate and even. Bonnet seal carriers eliminate the need for high makeup torque on bonnet studs and nuts. Wedge locks can be interlocked with the BOP operating system using sequence caps to ensure the wedge lock is retracted before applying pressure to open the BOP. Other features include hydraulically opening bonnets, a forged body, and a wide selection of rams to meet a variety of applications.
- Application: Offshore (surface) and onshore
- Bore sizes and working pressures: 7 1/16 in, 11 in, 13 5/8 in, 3,000 to 15,000 psi; 16 3/4 in, 3,000 to 10,000 psi; 20 3/4 in, 3,000 psi; 21 1/4 in, 2,000, 5000, and 10,000 psi; 26 3/4 in, 3,000 psi
- Body styles: Single, double, triple, quad
- Pressure-energized rams: Yes
- Lock type(s): Manual locks standard; hydraulic locks optional
- Hydraulically opening bonnets: Yes
- Available bonnets: Large-bore bonnets and FXT bonnets available for increased shearing and sealing capabilities
- Field-replaceable items: Bonnet cylinders, pistons, seals