Introduced in 2006, the EVO Compact, Ram-Type BOP combines engineering simplicity, footprint and operational savings, and superior reliability for improved performance in today’s demanding drilling environments.
The EVO BOP design achieves a shorter, lighter footprint than the TL BOP, requiring fewer accumulator bottles without compromising power. Its field-proven packers, seals and seal carriers, removable side ram, and hydraulically opening bonnets offer reliability and ease of maintenance. It utilizes patented technologies, including the ROV-operable EVO-Loc BOP locking system.
- Application: Offshore (subsea and surface) and onshore
- Bore sizes and working pressures: 18 3/4 in, 15,000 and 20,000 psi
- Body styles: Single, double, triple
- Pressure-energized rams: Yes
- Lock type(s): Hydraulic; EVO-Loc system and motors
- Bonnet studs instead of bolts: Yes
- Available bonnets: EVO 300 bonnet assembly with available ShearBooster technology for increased shearing and sealing capability; BroadShear ram bonnets available for greater shearing capability
- Field-replaceable items: Bonnet cylinders, pistons, seals
- Manufactured in accordance with NACE standards and capable of being monogrammed to API 16A