Versatility for a range of applications
Cameron variable-bore rams (VBRs) enable sealing a standard BOP on several different pipe diameters. As a result, operators achieve improved operational efficiency and certainty during drilling and production.
The VBRs’ mechanism of closure is similar to standard pipe ram packers. The packers extend forward of the ram body faces. When the rams are closed, the packers contact each other on the leading surfaces at the sides of the pipe bore. As the rams continue to close, the rubber and specially designed inserts in the packers are displaced inward to close the packers around the pipe.
- Able to seal on a range of diameters
- Self-feeding elastomers
- Large reservoir of packer rubber to ensure a long-lasting seal under all conditions
- Ram packers that lock into place and are not dislodged by well flow
- Compatibility with
- U surface ram-type BOP
- UII subsea ram-type BOP
- TL offshore ram-type BOP
- EVO compact, offshore ram-type BOP
- Suitable for H2S service per NACE MR0175