Cameron DL high-pressure annular BOPs allow reliable performance in a shorter height and lighter weight than comparable annular BOPs.
The unique design of our DL BOP does not require wellbore assist. The annular can close on drillpipe or large tubulars without reducing operating pressure, which minimizes risk of indention or damage to casing.
Closing pressure forces the operating piston and pusher plate upward to displace the solid elastomer donut and force the packer to close inward. As the packer closes, interlocking steel reinforcing inserts rotate inward to form a continuous support ring of steel at the top and bottom of the packer. The inserts remain in contact with each other whether the packer is open, closed on pipe, or closed on open hole.
- Application: Offshore (subsea and surface) and onshore
- Bore sizes and working pressures: 7 1/16 in to 21 1/4 in, 2,000 to 10,000 psi
- Body styles: Single, dual
- Packer: High-performance CAMULAR annular elastomer technology
- A quick-release top with a one-piece split lock ring permits quick packer changeout with no loose parts involved; The design also provides visual indication of whether the top is locked or unlocked
- Components subject to wear are field-replaceable, and the entire operating system can be removed in the field for immediate changeout
- Twin seals separated by a vented chamber positively isolate the BOP operating system from wellbore pressure; High-strength polymer bearing rings prevent metal-to-metal contact and reduce wear between all moving parts of the operating system
- Available with a 3-in gas bleed port that runs from the ID to the OD. Packers for DL BOPs have the capacity to strip pipe as well as close and seal on any size object that fits in the wellbore.These packers also will close and seal on open hole at half of the working pressure
- Complies with NACE specification MR-01-75 for H2S service